The Elks National Foundation considers philanthropy to be a voluntary action for the public good. It is this tradition of giving and sharing that drives and supports our work. To assure that our donors can have full confidence in the ENF and the programs we ask them to support, we declare that all of our donors have the following rights:
- To be informed of the Elks National Foundation’s mission, of the way we intend to use donated resources, and of our capacity to use donations effectively for their intended purpose.
- To be assured their gifts will be used for the purposes for which they were given.
- To receive appropriate acknowledgment and recognition.
- To feel free to ask questions when making a donation and to receive prompt, truthful and forthright answers.
- To be informed of the identity of those serving on the Elks National Foundation’s governing board, and to expect the board to exercise prudent judgment in its stewardship responsibilities.
- To have access to the Elks National Foundation’s most recent financial statements.
- To be assured that information about their donations is handled with respect and with confidentiality to the extent provided by the law.
- To expect that all relationships with individuals representing the ENF will be professional in nature.
- To be informed whether those seeking donations are volunteers, employees of the Elks National Foundation or hired solicitors.
Back to top