Elks National Foundation
Assistant, Donor Services
We’re a dynamic charitable foundation in the heart of Lincoln Park funding national programs that instill integrity in our youth, inspire the pursuit of knowledge, and make communities healthier, safer, better places to live. We have an opening for a Donor Services Assistant, a great, entry-level opportunity to learn the back-end functions of a nonprofit organization. Bachelor’s degree preferred or two to three years of related experience.
- Serve as departmental customer service contact for donors and volunteers, including greeting and assisting callers transferred from an automated phone system, and corresponding with donors and volunteers. (Must be able to originate all forms of communications and correspondence.)
- Coordinate gift acknowledgment and donor recognition programs.
- Manage data imports and maintain donor database.
- Perform data-entry and data extraction in the donor database to accomplish daily, weekly and monthly departmental tasks.
Qualified candidates will have either one or more years of related experience.
- Must have excellent spelling and grammar; good phone skills; be organized; be able to set priorities and meet deadlines; be able to multi-task and carefully proof own work.
- Must have high level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations.
- Some analytical ability is required in order to gather and summarize data for reports, identify problems and find solutions to various administrative problems, and prioritize work.
- Work requires attention to detail in data entry and proofing materials.
- Must be able to work individually as well as participate on teams.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office is a must; Raiser’s Edge is a plus.
- Must have a sense of humor.
A cover letter and resume are required for consideration. Candidates must upload a single document that includes a cover letter, resume and salary expectations. Accepted file formats are: .doc, .docx, .rtf, and .pdf. The application process includes completing two pre-employment tests. Please allow approximately 35 minutes of time when applying.
No phone calls, please.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Back to top