MO NORTHEAST
District No. 4800

1900-1909 Lodge #594 History

Pink and purple ceremonies marked the institution of Columbia Benevolent and Protective Order of Elks Lodge 594 on June 22, 1900. W.D. Steele of Sedalia served as Toatmaster. E.W. Hinton served as the first Exalted Ruler and B.E. Hatton as Secretary. The lodge's first home was upstairs in the Stephens Endowment Building, Northeast corner of 10th and Broadway.

Charter Members:
J.L. Douglas, Leading Knight
J.G. Courts, Loyal Knight
D.P. Richards, Lecturing Knight
C.B. Miller, Treasurer
T.T. Duncan, Tiler
L.J. Slate, Chaplain
George W. Harrell, Trustee
F.W. Niedermeyer, Trustee

George Pannell
J.W. Schwabe
E.R. Tillery
George H. Barnett
P.B. Venable
Gus Barth
W.A. Vivion
Charles Matthews
Cliff Anderson
Leon Loeb
H.W. Pemberton
Harry Schoffer
J.G. Courts
J.E. Higbee
S.R. Barnett
Will Cauthorn
Tom Marshall
John Hubbell
Dudley S. Conley


Back to top
 
 
Server: www