Emergency Educational Grants provide undergraduate college financial assistance to children of deceased or totally disabled Elks in the form of renewable, one-year grants of up to $5,000. The grant is for educational assistance only and is not intended to cover the entire cost of a college education.
Grant amounts are based on the information submitted in the application and can range up to $5,000.
- As long as a student meets all other eligibility requirements listed below, a student can apply for up to four Emergency Educational Grants in total during their undergraduate education.
- The applicant cannot accept more than one ENF scholarship/grant in any one academic year.
The Elk parent or stepparent:
The applicant must:
- Must have been a member in good standing for at least one year at the time of his or her death.
- Must have been a member in good standing for at least one year before he or she became totally disabled and must continue to be an Elk in good standing when application for assistance is made.
- All circumstances surrounding the death or disability of the Elk parent or stepparent are subject to the review of the Elks National Foundation. The outcome of the review may affect grant approval.
- Demonstrate financial need.
- Attend an accredited U.S. college or university as a full-time (12 semester hours) undergraduate student.
- Be unmarried and under the age of 24 during the academic year in which they are applying.
- **Note that if a student is awarded an EEG, the funds are disbursed directly to the school in the student's name and can only be used for items the school considers cost of attendance. This normally includes tuition, fees, books, and on-campus room and board. Learn more about the ENF's scholarship guidelines here. **
- Available upon request starting May 1, 2022. To request an EEG application for you or someone you know, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 773/755-4732.
- All applications must be received by the ENF Scholarship Office by November 1, 2022. Incomplete or late applications will not be considered.