Serve Your Community.
Lodge Assistance Grants allow Lodges to secure donations from local businesses for specific Lodge charitable projects through restricted monetary donations to the ENF. With this opportunity, the Foundation extends the benefits of our charitable status to both the business and the Lodge.
Some businesses and organizations offering grants have written policies restricting donations to only 501(c)(3) organizations. Lodge Assistance Grants help Lodges receive donations from these local businesses and organizations.
By taking advantage of a LAG, everyone benefits: the business supports a local charitable cause; the Lodge expands on its good deeds; and both help meet a need in the community.
The Lodge Assistance Grant mechanics are simple. Here are the steps:
- Contact the ENF Programs Department for guidelines and to receive the LAG application. To ensure compliance, discuss the application with the ENF before applying.
- The Lodge applies for a grant or receives a donation to fund a specific Lodge charitable project, such as a holiday food basket program, a veterans service project, or an event for youth.
- When the Lodge receives the grant and/or donation check from the business, it mails the check into the ENF, along with the completed Lodge Assistance Grant application form.
- The ENF will approve the application, and issue a check to the Lodge for the donated amount. The business that made the donation will receive a tax receipt and acknowledgment letter from the ENF.
- When the Lodge’s charitable project is complete, the Lodge sends the ENF a Final Report Form, accounting for the grant funds.
There are many possibilities for Lodge Assistance Grants. In the past, Lodges have used these grants for everything from helping displaced flood victims to running a fencing program for underprivileged youth.
There are certain restrictions that apply, so please be sure to contact the ENF Programs Department for complete details.
Elks National Foundation
2750 N. Lakeview Avenue
Chicago, IL 60614-2256
Back to top