Page 1 of 2, 08/01/17 version
Monterey Elks Lodge #1285 and Coastal Cuisine & Catering
Contract for BBQ Area Rentals
EVENT:_____________________________________ Guest Count:_________ DATE:_____________________
CLIENT:________________________________________________________ PHONE :____________________
E-MAIL ____________________________________ ARRIVAL TIME: _________DEPARTURE TIME:__________
BBQ Area rental reservations and agreements are subject to, and made upon, the rules and regulations of the Monterey Elks Lodge #1285, and the following conditions:
- RENTAL OF AREA: Only Elk members may rent the BBQ area. The Member that reserves the BBQ area MUST BE PRESENT for the entire event. The rented area is ONLY the BBQ kitchen and the table area in front of the kitchen. (NOT the pool area past the snack shack.) Initial _____
- RENTAL AND DEPOSIT FEES: Rental fee for the BBQ area is $50. A deposit of $150 also is to be paid at the time of booking the party. Any needed cleaning or security fees will be subtracted from this deposit, and the remainder returned 10 days after the event. Only events with this completed event Contract and fully-paid deposit will be considered firm, after receipt of Liability insurance (#8).
- MAXIMUM RENTAL TIME: The time limit for use of the BBQ area for this event are the times specified above, including decoration and cleanup. A $150 per hour charge will be made for events running beyond the agreed upon times. Due to limited lighting in the BBQ area, all events must be completed by dusk. Initial _____
- GUESTS: Guest count is not to exceed 75 persons and must be confirmed 5 days prior to the event. If count goes more than 10% over estimate, you may be charged accordingly. The Elk renting the area is responsible for the conduct of his guests and may result in charges against you. If a dining room event is underway, Elks and guests are NOT to enter dining room area – use only the outside stairs by the Elks lobby. Non-Elks are not allowed in the members’ bar, gym or kitchen areas. Initial _____
- SECURITY: For the safety of your guests, Elks staff and Elks facilities, a Security Officer may be required at clients’ expense. A separate Security Service information page will be provided to you. Initial _____
- MINORS must be kept in the immediate supervision of an adult. Minors are NOT allowed in the bar, gym, kitchen areas, or anywhere outside the BBQ area. If this occurs, the party will be terminated by the Lodge Duty Officer. Initial _____
- LIQUOR: Monterey Elks Lodge #1285 offers a full-service bar to Elks members and their guests. NO OUTSIDE LIQUOR may be brought in – PERIOD - per ABC laws. A Lodge bartender may be hired to provide a bar station in the BBQ area, if desired. Initial _____
Page 2 of 2
- CERTIFICATE OF LIABILITY is required by Grand Lodge 10 days prior to the event with final payment, naming Monterey Elks Lodge #1285 and Coastal Cuisine & Catering as insured, in the amount of $500,000. Initial _____
- CATERING: Bring your own food, or arrange with Coastal Cuisine & Catering. No outside catering is allowed. Snack Bar may not be entered.
- POOL USE: If the Elk renting the BBQ area also plans to use the pool area, pool rules (attached) must be followed.
- RESTRICTIONS, subject to termination of your event:
- NO DJ’s, live music or loud music that will disturb neighbors or others in the Lodge
- NO moving of tables or furniture
- NO glass of any kind allowed in the BBQ or Pool areas
- NO animals (dogs, cats etc.) allowed in the BBQ or Pool areas at any time.
- DAMAGES: Elk member agrees to be responsible for any damages done to the BBQ area and inside the Lodge. Elk member also agrees to be responsible for any loss or damage of any merchandise or article left in the Lodge, either prior to, during or following your event. Initial _____
- CLEAN UP: Clean up must be completed at the end of the event – not the next day. A $75 fee may be charged if area is left dirty.
- You must provide your own trash bags and cleaning supplies.
- All trash must be removed – away from the BBQ area to the parking lot dumpsters.
- Area must be inspected by Duty Officer or an appointed Elk, before security deposit is returned.
- VIOLATIONS: Any violation of the above stated rules can TERMINATE your event immediately, after a joint decision by the Lodge Duty Officer and the caterer, and will constitute forfeiture of the initial deposit and/or possible charges being brought against you and/or loss of membership benefits.
Elk Member Client Date
For Coastal Cuisine & Catering Date
(Attachments, if relevant: Pool rules, Decoration Information)
This Contract will be submitted to Elks Lodge office no later than 10 days before the event.
Office initials_______ Date Received:_______