Complete the process as follows:
1. To be eligible for membership in the Benevolent and Protective Order of Elks, you must be a citizen of the United States over the age of 21 who believes in God.
2. You must be sponsored by a member of the Elks Lodge and reside in the jurisdiction* of the Lodge you wish to join.
3. You can download a copy of the application here or you can obtain an application from an Elks member or the Lodge Secretary.
4. Fill out the application and and give it to the Elk who proposes you for membership.
5. The proposer will complete his/her section and pass on your application to the Lodge Secretary.
Your application will be read at a regular Lodge meeting. It will then be forwarded to the Investigating Committee who will call you and set up a time for you and your sponsor to meet with the committee so that they can interview you. After the interview is concluded, the committee will report to the Lodge concerning your membership.
The members will be given a notice not less than 10 days nor more than two months before the vote will be taken. When the vote is concluded, you will be notified and asked to present yourself and your spouse for initiation. During iniatiation, you will learn more about the Order's programs and charities. You will also be told the date you will be initiated.
After your initiation as an Elk, you can take part in all meetings and social functions of the Lodge. * You may get a waiver if you live outside Lodge jurisdiction.