In March of 1886, twenty prominent citizens of Lockport, NY gathered together in the meeting room of the Columbia Lodge, A.).U.W.' located over the old Farmer and Mechanics Savings Bank to form the original Elks Lodge of Lockport. Presiding over this historic event was District Deputy Grand Exalted Ruler George F. Loder of Rochester Lodge NO.24, assisted by a delegation from that lodge. As a result, Lockport received its charter from the Grand Lodge and was designated as LOCKPORT LODGE NO. 41 of the BENEVOLENT AND PROTECTIVE ORDER OF ELKS.
The original twenty members intitiated into the order at that time were as follows: John Hodge, Perry Stowell, J.B. Boyce, D.F. Stevens, W.S. Camp,E.M. Ashley, E. Rommel, John E. Pound, Horace Flagler, H.H. Moon, W.J. Jackman, S.Curt Lewis, O.W. Cutler, D. Rodenback, John B. Arnold, John B. Hubbard, C.P. LaRoche, W.H. Ransom, W.H. Case, and H.H. Moore.
Our first salute of officers were as follows:
EXALTED RULER, JOHN E. POUND, EST. LEADING KNIGHT, E.M. ASHELEY; EST.LOYALKNIGHT, W.W. CAMP; EST LECTURING KNIGHT, D.F.STEVENS; SECRETARY, E. ROMMEL; TREASUREER, S. CURT LEWIS; TILER, J.B. BOYCE; TRUSTEES, JOHN HODGE, PERRRY STOWELL, AND JOHN B. ARNOLD.