OR NORTHWEST
District No. 7440

LODGE HISTORY

JULY 8 1948 Seaside 1748 instituted! 1000 members of Elks came to Seaside and Gearhart to help with the ceremony. The first Exalted Ruler was George Gray. Elks officials were met at the train by the Seaside "Gull-oots" a local promotional organization and other city government officers. The key to city was presented. Astoria Lodge #180 was our sponsoring Lodge. Dues were $15 in 1948. In July of 1948 the Lodge Officers approached the City of Seaside to purchase land at 1st and Downing. The property was about 100 x 100 feet and the City Council replied that the property would have to be sold at public auction. Our Lodge was completed in 1954 We have hosted many Oregon State Elks Association Convention. 

 


Back to top