Easton, MD 1622

History of Easton Lodge 1622

The Easton Lodge No. 1622, B.P.O. Elks was instituted on June 5, 1939. The Organization personnel included Charles H. Boyer, District Deputy Grand Exalted Ruler, James M. Warner, Temporary Chairman, E.M. Lachmar, Temporary secretary-Treasurer and James M. Warner, General Commettee Chairman. The special program included a crab feast and a chance to meet Governor Herbert O. Conner.

On June Twenty-fourth 1940 a fire completely consumed the Lodge. Temporary quarters were established in the community within 5 days of the fire. A new Lodge building was built on the original site and dedicated on October 26, 1941. In 1946 an additional eight acres was purchased, adding to the original parcel of land. On Febuary 6, 1947 the mortgage was paid in full. A mortgage burning ceremony was held on June 8, 1947 with a buffet supper on the lawn and the Guest of Honor was Philip U. Gayaut of Washington D.C.

Throughout history of the Easton Lodge 1622 the Elk members have been vital and active in the Easton Community and given generously of their time, efforts and donations, not only within the community, but also within the county and statewide.