Our Lodge was built in the late 1800's as Peterson's Inn of Old Kernville. Used as a dance hall, library, post office, barber shop and tavern. It was moved from the lake bottom to its present location in 1955. In 1966 two groups of people unknown to each other. One being Tom Johnson (PER) of Ridgcrest Lodge #1913 and Al Finkel met separately to with the aim of establishing an Elks Lodge In the Kern River Valley. Aided by Grand Lodge and many other dedicated men. Kern River Valley Elks began its history on September 16, 1966.