The original Elks Lodge was established in 1902 and was located at First and D streets and burned to the ground in 1926 during a fire that started next door at the Liberty Theater. Kelly Brothers Undertaking Parlor was located on the first floor of this building. The new Elks Lodge was built at Tenth and D Streets in 1927. Air Conditioning for the Lodge was provided in a 'custom built' unit by local construction company 'Frank M. Booth' and installed in 1957. This unit still operates today and is referred to as the 'Ol 57' unit.