This is the website for the State Major Project of the New Hampshire State Elks Association. Copper Cannon Outdoor Education Center for underprivileged children. Located in the beautiful White Mountains of the Granite State, Franconia, NH.
Volunteer NH! is a result of the merger of the former Governor's Council on Volunteerism, the New Hampshire Office of Volunteerism, and the New Hampshire Commission for National and Community Service. But we are more than the sum of our parts. We are Volunteer NH!
Our goal is to help you whether you are a volunteer looking for an agency to volunteer with, or an organization setting-up a formal volunteer program, or a legislator looking for statistics on volunteerism rates in our state, or a corporation looking to improve on your employee volunteer program, or a non-profit wishing to expand services by setting up an AmeriCorps program or... and the list goes on. These and many other services await the volunteer community because Volunteer NH! is not creating these, but enabling everyone to find the information, the tools, the speakers, the training necessary to duplicate some of the best volunteer and volunteerism practices in the state!
The Pease Greeters Mission:
· To welcome troops passing through Pease International Airport on their way to, or from, Afghanistan or Iraq, or any other areas of conflict in any part of the world.
· To create within Pease an environment that reflects the respect and high esteem in which we hold our Veterans.
· To promote broad participation by the general public in this welcoming of heroes, paying special attention to the education of school children.
· To aid and support our troops.
· To assist veterans who are in distress.