Lodge 639 House Rules
HOUSE RULES B.P.O.E. No. #639 Cape Girardeau, MO 63701
1. The following shall be known as House Rules governing B.P.O.E. No. 639, club room (also "club"), building, and grounds from this date forward or until such time as the House Rules are changed by the Board of Directors of Lodge:
2. The Board of Directors shall have full and complete control and authority over any and all special functions in the building and the grounds.
3. The club and kitchen hours will be set by the Board of Directors, and are always subject to change if necessary. The Club Manager or Bartender has the authority to ask members and guests to leave the building after 1:00 am Monday through Saturday, and after 11:00 pm on Sunday.
4. Dues paid members and their guests are welcome to the club room and building. No guest shall ever be left in the building unescorted. Non-members will not be permitted in the club after 7:00pm on meeting nights, and no guests will be permitted in the building during meetings. Members are responsible for their guests at all times.
5. There is no table service from the bar when a waitress is not on duty. Therefore, all members taking drinks from the bar will be responsible for the return of all bottles and glasses.
6. There shall be no profane or abusive language permitted on the property.
7. There shall be no drinks carried from the building by anyone.
8. All complaints or criticisms from dues paid members, or lodge employees, will be submitted in writing. They shall be presented to the Board of Directors during their regular meeting.
9. There shall be no solicitation papers, political or otherwise, nor advertisements circulated or displayed without the approval of the Board of Directors.
10. There will be no pets allowed in the building. Service animals used by members or guests are allowed.
11. Children are not allowed in the bar area after 8:00 pm, and children under 18 will not be allowed to sit at the bar. Small children must be attended at all times. Friday night dinners are considered family night, and children under 16 will be permitted in the building until 11:00 pm. All other special functions where children are in question must be approved by Club Management.
12. Any member caught cheating in money matters, either club or individual, is subject to loss of club privileges.
13. Any member dropped for non-payment of dues shall not be permitted as a guest in the Club.
14. THE "HOUR OF 11:00" shall be observed by all members in the building.
15. The club manager, or bartender on duty, has full authority to enforce all house rules.
16. No door keys will be duplicated, or loaned, without the direction of the Board of Directors. Card keys shall be used by members only, and all guests must be admitted by the escorting member.
17. Members will treat all equipment and other club facilities with respect so as not to damage same. Members causing damage, either intentionally or through negligence, shall be responsible for the cost of repair, or may be subject to loss of club privileges.
18. If a member's check is returned because of insufficient funds, the member will be unable to cash future checks at the lodge until the returned check is redeemed, and a check collection charge will be added.
19. Dress code..."No shoes, No shirt, No service"...do not enter the lodge or club room.
20. "Conduct Unbecoming and Elk" will not be permitted and will be subject to disciplinary action upon charge.
21. All family members above age 16 can obtain a key card to enter the lake property after "signing in" at the bar and must sign out by 6:00 pm. Their Drivers License will be left at the bar upon signing in as a deposit and picked up when signing out. No exceptions will be permitted.
BOARD OF DIRECTORS B.P.O.E. No. 639 April 1, 2013 Grand Lodge Rules and Statutes Govern Subordinate
Back to top