The newest program in Elkdom is an old one! Yes, it is the Junior Elks Program called "the Antlers." It is a chance for young people in our communities to get involved with the Elks in the many service-related projects our Lodges sponsor.
The program was initially organized in the late 1930's and went well for several years as an active arm of the Elks. However, by the 1960's interest in the program had waned and was ended. Recently, a few Lodges have restarted the program with great success.
The Antlers of the Benevolent and Protective Order of Elks of the United States of America has as its major objective the following:
- To quicken the spirit of American Patriotism
- To teach respect for parents and love of home
- To inculcate the fundamentals of good citizenship
- To aid in a worthy cause
- To establish foundation of character
- To promote the welfare and enhance the happiness of its Members
- And to respect the conviction of others in the matters of worship and religion is true Americanism
Membership in the organization is open to any individual who has passed their twelfth and not yet reached their twenty-first birthday, who is a citizen of the United States of America, of good character and who believes in the existence of God.
Back to top