As Elks scholars, we know you are dedicated to service. Your health and safety are priority number one. Given the current climate, we understand that physically volunteering at an Elks Lodge may not be possible right now. Here are some virtual ways Legacy scholars can fulfill their service requirement and help out:
- Help create an online presence for your Lodge through Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter.
- Design an online newsletter/email campaign for the Lodge.
- Organize a virtual food or supply drive to support community members in need.
- Offer to scan photos or other files to help a Lodge move online.
- Write a press release highlighting the Lodge's good works for the local newspaper.
- Reach out to vulnerable members of the Lodge by calling or writing cards.
If you are looking for other organizations to help in addition to the Elks, check out this list from Operation Warm.
Although our office is closed, the scholarships office is working remotely and you can reach us at email@example.com or 773/755-4732 if you have any questions about your Legacy service requirement.