Do you volunteer with an Elks Lodge? Would you like to serve alongside your parent or grandparent at an Elks Lodge? Would you like additional funding to start or enhance a service project at your local Elks Lodge?
We know that as a Legacy Awards recipient, you already uphold the cornerstones of the Foundation: knowledge, integrity, charity and community. Now, we want to help you do more! The ENF is offering four $500 Cornerstone Grants to Legacy Awards recipients (current and alum) interested in starting or expanding a community service project in their Lodge community. Grants will be awarded to the first four eligible projects, so don’t delay, get your application in today!
- Talk to your parent or grandparent about what sort of service project they’d like to see at the Lodge. Ask them what charitable projects they are currently involved with, and see if there are any projects they’d like to see enhanced.
- Consider a cause that you are passionate about and ask the Lodge to partner with you in service project addressing that need.
- Contact our office at email@example.com and we can help you generate ideas.
- Legacy Awards recipients (current and alum) interested in serving their Elks community in a meaningful way are eligible to apply. You can only receive one Cornerstone Grant every five years.
- Legacy scholars may apply for $500 to be used toward initiating or expanding a community service project in a Lodge community.
- Legacy scholars must connect their service project with a local Elks Lodge. Partnering with your parent or grandparent’s Elks Lodge is encouraged.
- Legacy scholars must demonstrate meaningful involvement in their community service initiative. This grant cannot be used as a donation to an organization.
- All 2016-17 grant funds must be used, and project summary (with photos and receipts) must be submitted, by May 31, 2017.
Contact Programs Relationship Associate Maryann Slater at MaryannS@elks.org if you have any questions or would like further information.
Back to top