We know Elks scholars are dedicated to service. Now, you have the opportunity to come together in service with your Elks scholar peers. In 2017-18, the Elks National Foundation will offer three Elks Scholar Service Trips for up to 20 Elks scholars each in the summer, winter and spring. These trips will offer you the opportunity to learn about societal issues, serve those in need in the name of the Elks, and connect with your Elks Family from across the country.
Upcoming Elks Scholar Service Trips
- Any Elks scholar 18 and older by the start of the trip is eligible to apply.
- You are responsible for planning, booking, and covering the cost of your travel to the trip location.
- If selected, you must provide a $50 participation fee within seven days of acceptance to the trip. Other trip costs will be covered by the Elks National Foundation including housing and food.
- You should expect to work from approximately 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. on work days. Detailed schedule to follow.
- You must be available for the entire duration of the trip.
Past Elks Scholar Service Trips
Fundraising for your Elks Scholar Service Trip
A major component of any service trip is fundraising for one’s costs. While the only costs to you will be your $50 participation fee and your travel expenses to the trip location, we encourage you to fundraise for these costs if necessary. Check out these Elks Scholar Service Trips Fundraising Resources that will equip you to raise the funds to join us on this enriching experience.
Watch this Elks Scholar Service Trips Fundraising Webinar Video to learn about some of our favorite service trip fundraising techniques! This short presentation will equip you with the information that you need to jumpstart your fundraising efforts.
This Elks Scholar Service Trips Fundraising Guide outlines the methods presented in the above presentation.
Frequently Asked Questions
If you have any questions, check out this Elks Scholar Service Trips Frequently Asked Questions sheet. If you have further questions, please email JennaJ@elks.org.