Calling All Leaders! - Are you interested in sharing your ideas to shape the future of the Elks scholar experience? Would you like to get to know other Elks scholars, Elks and ENF staff members? If so, we have a great opportunity for you! Join the Elks Scholar Advisory Board. This is a fantastic opportunity for you to get directly involved with the Elks National Foundation, become a member of a national board, and help us better serve Elks scholars.
The Elks Scholar Advisory Board is composed of eight members: one freshman, one sophomore, one junior, one senior, three at-large Elks Scholars and the Elks Scholar Alum of the Year. Freshman, sophomore, junior and senior Board members serve for four years from the date they are appointed, at-large members serve for two years with the option of two more years, and the Alum of the Year serves for one year.
Board member responsibilities include:
- Piloting Elks scholar programs in your area.
- Meeting online once each quarter.
- Being a role model for other Elks scholars.
- Communicating and providing feedback by email throughout the year.
- Attending the annual Scholar Advisory Board meeting in July, all expenses paid. This year, Board members must be available to travel to Reno, Nevada from Friday, July 14, through Monday, July 17, 2017, for the annual Board meeting.
Elks National Foundation Scholar Advisory Board Application
Click here to apply for the 2017-18 Elks Scholar Advisory Board.
The application deadline for the At-Large Elks Scholar Advisory Board position is April 15, 2017.
Click here to read about the the 2016-17 Elks Scholar Advisory Board members.
Want to get an inside look at the Scholar Advisory Board meetings? Click here to see photos from the 2015 Elks Convention and the annual Scholar Advisory Board meeting.
Contact Programs Associate Maryann Slater at MaryannS@elks.org if you have any questions or would like further information.
Back to top