Charities MP142 supports
Nationally recognized charities – Every Lodge in the country (1860+) are mandated to support these charities.
- Drug Awareness Programs – Education programs teaching our youth the dangers of drugs.
- Elks National Foundation – ENF is the basis of all Elks charities. This fund provides grants for various Lodge charities. Recently our Lodge has received $2,000 grants for our Back Pack Buddy program, our Veterans program, and our youth programs.
- Veterans Programs – “As long as there are Veterans, the Elks will never forget them” is our motto. Every Lodge has programs to assist the local Veteran programs. Last year we delivered Christmas meals and toys to the 141st Air born National Guard families of deployed service personnel, assisted Vets from the local hospital, and delivered clothing to local Vet homes.
- Youth Activities – Elks are the 2nd largest organization of scholarship giving in the country (US Gov’t. is #1). Elks provide and support many programs from athletics to education for our youth.
State recognized charities – Every Lodge in the state of Oregon are mandated to support these charities.
- Children’s Eye Clinic at Casey Eye Institute – Since the 1970’s the Oregon Elks Association has raised over $35 million dollars to the Children’s Eye Clinic. A $20 million dollar building is currently under way which will be called the Elks Eye Clinic. Monetary funds are needed.
- Hoop Shoot (youth) – Youth from 7-12 years compete in a free throw contest. Contestants compete at the local – metro – state – regional – and national level. Names of the boys and girls are listed in the National Basketball hall of fame in Ohio.
- Meadow Wood Spring Speech and Hearing Camp – Over 250 Elks from around the state meet at the camp to repair, paint, clear trails, and ready the camp for the summer. The camp is for children who have speech impediments. They say ‘a two week camp is better therapy than 4 years in a clinic’. Charity events all year raise money to send children to camp.
Local Lodge charities – Elective charities our Lodge is currently supporting
- Americanism – Annual youth essay contests are available through the local schools.
- Back Pack Buddy Program – Our Lodge supports 120 children at the Riverside Elementary School. Each Friday we send food enough for 8 meals so the child can eat over the weekend. School lunch programs provide the meals during the week. Nutritious, non-perishable foods are needed every week. Monetary donations also help us purchase food for this program.
- Boy and Girl Scouts (youth) – We support two troops. We also sponsor a youth softball team.
- Care ‘n Share Food Drive – Every Christmas we deliver over 500 food baskets to families in the Milwaukie area. Each families receives a turkey, box of canned foods, box of vegetables, and loaf of bread. Children under 12 years also receive toys. Toy donations needed.
- Elks Antler program (youth) – This is a junior Elk program that was popular in the 60’s. Our Lodge and Forest Grove Lodges have started the program up again, teaching the youth the values of what Elks represent.
- Fear Asylum Haunted House – Voted the best haunted house in 5 states, we raise thousands of dollars that goes towards each of our charities. Elks Share, Elks Care, Elks Scare.
- Nana’s Closet – Diapers, feminine products, and other much needed supplies are provided to women of domestic violence and hardship at no cost. We collect supplies and stock the storeroom at the Wichita Center.
- Scholarship programs (youth) – High School boys and girls submit applications for scholarship money. Included are essays, grade history, service projects, and other criteria. We award 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place winners to boys and girls, $4,000 in scholarship money. Winners then compete in metro, state, and national. Winners at each level receive more money. Winners of the nationals receive over $40,000 in scholarship monies.
Miscellaneous Lodge committees
Relay for Life
Ritual and by-laws
Nov. & Dec Turkey shoot
Casino nights for charity
Children’s Easter and Christmas parties
Flag Day & Patriots Day
Back to top