History of Albion Lodge #1006
The Benevolent and Protective Order of Elks was established on February 12,1871 by a group of Thespians in New York city which had called themselves The Jolly Corks. This became the first Elks Lodge known as New York Elks Lodge #1.
Albion Lodge #1006 was born thirty-five years later on January 29,1906 with 43 charter members and our current membership is 316.
Our Lodge currently resides at 428 West State Street, Albion which is their fifth home. The Facilty has been remolded and has become a credit to the membership, community and to Elkdom.
Back to top