Elks Youth Camp Barrett
About Camp Barrett
Elks Camp Barrett is an American Camping Association accredited youth camp, designed to help young people in all backgrounds develop and grow by affording the opportunity of getting outdoors for adventure and fun.
It is operated by the Elks Association of Maryland, Delaware and the District of Columbia.
Campers are sponsored by local Elks Lodges and a portion of the cost of camp is covered by that sponsorship.
Any youth between the ages of 9 and 13 (or completed 3rd grade) from the Maryland, Delaware or the Washington D.C. area is eligible. They do not have to be needy, but should be worthy and deserving or one who would not otherwise have such an opportunity for a camping experience.
The purpose of Camp Barrett’s Camping program is to provide experiences for the camper such as:
- Group Living in outdoor surroundings, recreational oriented activities that emphasize physical, mental, social and emotional growth.
- Opportunities for character development.
- Self worth development.
- Self Improvement by working with and helping others.
The goals of the program are to:
- Develop campers appreciation and knowledge of themselves and peers.
- Develop leadership through creative adventure and activities.
- Provide leadership that will be an example of the principles of Charity, Justice, Brotherly Love and Fidelity
***ELKS CAMP BARRETT *** (ECB) - Visit our New External Website >>> www.ElksCampBarrett.org >>> STATE MAJOR PROJECT: For more information contact Angela Meyer, Camp Operations Director, Elks Camp Barrett, 1001 Chesterfield Road, Annapolis, MD, 21401, phone (410) 224- 2945, fax (401) 224-4558, email@example.com. ~ "New" Elks Camp Barrett External Website: www.ElksCampBarrett.org