Top 10 Stories of 2011
From serving veterans to helping youth live healthy, active lives, 2011 was a great year for the ENF. While we were busy helping Elks build stronger communities, you were busy reading about our progress. Here are the 10 most-read stories from 2011.
- The Results Are In: A recap of the ENF’s successes throughout the 2010-11 fiscal year.
- View Your Giving History Online: In 2011, the ENF launched its new Online Donor Center, where supporters can track their giving history and make a donation with ease.
- A Successful Convention: There was never a dull moment for the ENF during the 2011 Elks National Convention in Phoenix. Here’s a recap of our seminars and program successes.
- Scoring Their Way to Regionals: A schedule of 2011 regional Hoop Shoot contests.
- 25 Lodges in 25 Days: In the 25 days leading up to the announcement of the Lodges who will receive 2012 Impact Grants, we profiled a different Impact Grant project, showing how Lodges used these grants of up to $10,000 to serve their communities.
- Welcome 2011 Elks Scholars: We welcomed the class of 2011 Elks scholars into the Elks family.
- Elks Scholars Give Thanks: During the Thanksgiving season, Elks scholars shared video messages of why they are thankful for their ENF scholarships.
- From a Freshman to a Senior: Elks scholar Cort VanOstran reflected on his final months at Harvard, and freshman Elks scholar Christina Lulich talked about beginning her college journey.
- Building Stronger Elks Communities: The ENF Board of Trustees doubled the funding for the Community Investments Program to $4.6 million, allowing Lodges to use these grants to do even more serve their communities.
And the most-read story of 2011 is…drumroll please…
- Congratulations Hoop Shoot Champions: The ENF celebrated the winners of the 2011 Elks National Hoop Shoot contest.
For more ENF news and stories throughout 2012, visit www.elks.org/enf.
Back to top