Elks Drug Awareness Essay Contest
The theme for the 2016-2017 contest is: “Just Say No”
The contest is open to all 6th, 7th, & 8th grade students. Participants must write their essay themselves, but they may get help from teachers, parents, or friends in the form of ideas.
- Length: No longer than 250 words.
- Paper size: 8½ × 11 inch.
- Text: Typed, computer generated text, hand written or hand printed.
Judging will be based on the following:
- Closeness to the theme
- Correct grammatical structure
Each entry must have the following information on the back of the essay:
- Student’s full name
- Students address
- Student or Parent/Guardian's phone number (Elks winning entries will be notified)
- School, location, grade
- Elks lodge name
- Must also be accompanied by Hold Harmless agreement
Winners: Your local Elks lodge will select the top essays, using the criteria listed above. The lodge will notify winners. Winning essays will be forwarded to District Competition. District winners will be forwarded to State Level Competition. All winning entries become the sole property of the Benevolent and Protective Order of Elks, and may not be returned.
National recognition: Each State Drug Awareness Chairman will choose one overall winner. This winning essay will be submitted for entry into the National contest and may be featured on the www.elkskidszone.org website and/or in ENF or DAP publications.
Back to top